+ Reply to Thread

Default Manipulation Contest

The annual SafeTech convention Show/Exhibition has been reduced to a one day event....this looks like it will be a permanent change, with this in mind I am proposing some changes to the Manipulation contest as well, I feel the current structure is impractical considering the time reduction.

The changes I am considering are....

1.) the elimination of division... first, second and third place....no more expert or novice categories.

2.)No more two successful openings to qualify.

3.) Elimination of the two hour per attempt limit.

Any Thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated...

SAVTA President
    Member #1006

Mike, you have been doing this longer than any of us. You know how things work in the manipulation contest and I will agree with whatever you think is best. Just so everyone knows the rules before they start.
    An education is something that only God can take away from you.

I agree with Joe Mike. Sounds like a logical change.

Don't forget to mention that there will be a new lock introduced to the contest. Big Red Locks has donated locks for the manipulation contest and the Safe Lock Servicing class.
    All Private Messages (PM) sent to me on how to open a safe without first asking in the forum sections will be deleted. This includes how and where to find parts. I just had to add that one in since the last PM I received.

Default SAVTA-Harry C Miller Manipulation Contest

Hi All!!!

Due to the changes in the length of SAFE TECH convention show it has been decided to make a few changes in the manipulation contest, we've made some revisions to the rules and added a new lock to the contest....

1.) a new group 2 lock has entered the boxing ring, The Big Red lock company will be added to the locks to be defeated, The Big Red lock company has kindly contributed enough locks to add a new category....

2.) We have eliminated the Divisions, no more Novice or Expert....Simply A First, Second, and Third Place.

3.)No opening of two locks to qualify (expert div)

4.) No Two hour time limit....if you want to take five hours to open your lock....you decide!!!

5.)total attempts has been reduced from 5 to 4.

6.) the "NO Whining" rule stays in effect...Sorry Neil!!

Greetings all,
    I posted this on CSN also but thought I'd include it here....
    Not to be troublesome but I think change (2.) is a negative. It is often true that an individual can open a single lock in a good time but the proof of a professional lock manipulator is that s/he can repeat the feat more than once--on different locks. I think the removal of that rule allows for the "hey I got totally lucky on that one" to take the prize--which is not what the comp. nor what lock manipulation is all about. Please reconsider this one change.
    scott.
    Scott Gray CMS, CPS
    Tomac Safe & File Services Inc.
    ph: 800.898.4198
    fax: 416.638.9934