+ Reply to Thread

Default Application Responses From SAVTA

Admittedly this year, I got my registration application in late for the convention. With that said I knew there was a strong chance that I might not get the classes I requested.

So, when the approved application arrived I looked it over. At first, it appeared all my choices had been approved. Then on a second look I realized the only class I really wanted did not appear in the selections granted, so I called thinking it might just be an error as none of my selections had been listed for that day.

To my surprise, both classes were full. Well, I guess the other class was full too, honestly, I forgot to ask. I decided to cancel the whole affair and just apply for the class at a later date through the business that gives the class.

But my real question is, “Why can’t SAVTA/ALOA actually inform the applicant on the approved registration that a class(s) has been denied and place a short reason for that on the returned application?”

I think leaving the information completely off the form creates havoc for attendees (especially new ones) that are not used to this process. Several years ago I remember seeing some folks arguing about much the same matter at the registration booth. They hadn’t pay attention to the results of their approved form.

Yes, I do understand how the class/event numbering system works. Just seems that a brief explanation would be beneficial to all concerned and maybe reduce the number of phone calls the staff might have to return.

SAVTA President
    Member #1006

Some of the classes filled up fast this year, Bob. I'll see if we can get them to rubber stamp the applications or something to let people know that their first choices were not filled.
    An education is something that only God can take away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Cortie View Post
    Some of the classes filled up fast this year, Bob. I'll see if we can get them to rubber stamp the applications or something to let people know that their first choices were not filled.
    Won't a rubber stamp leave ink stains on my computer screen as it is a computer generated and sent form?

SAVTA President
    Member #1006

Okay. You have a point. I guess we can use invisable ink.
    An education is something that only God can take away from you.